- Do you have a keen interest in health and nutrition? Do you care about what substances you put into your body?
- Want to help others stay healthy and live long, happy lives?
- Interested in learning an alternative form of diagnosing and treating ailments?
Studying Naturopathy and Complementary and Alternative Medicine (CAM) Therapy is the gateway to a rewarding career helping people live happier, healthier lives. Inspire others to gain optimum wellness and vitality, while also earning a great living. Naturopaths study the use of lifestyle, nutritional medicines, herbal medicines and massage to help people live happier, healthier lives. Coupled with these healing modalities is the detailed study of anatomy, biochemistry and other sciences related to the human body. This gives the graduate a rounded, holistic education, which provides patients with first class health care. This program is rigorous and detailed. It meets the needs for those seeking a career in this profession in any part of the world.
- Graduates of appropriate short courses, Certificates or Diplomas will be given credit that equates with the nominal duration of studies in earlier courses.
- Credit may be given for studies from other institutions, where it has been determined that the course duration and content; and the standard of delivery, was at a level equal to, or better than that of this course.
- Credit may be given on the basis of a formal RPL (Recognition for Prior Learning) application; for up to, but no more than, two thirds of the credit points.
The subjects are highly industry applicable and will ensure you receive the best training to treat almost any health problem you may encounter in clinic. The course was formulated by not only academics, but industry-related therapists to ensure you receive the highest quality training.
- Anatomy and Physiology 1
- Chemistry for Biosciences
- Introduction to Naturopathy & History and Philosophy of Natural Medicine
- Pathophysiology 1
- Anatomy and Physiology 2
- Pathophysiology 2
- Introduction to Pharmacology
- Naturopathic Nutrition 1
- Herbal Medicine 1
- Naturopathic Nutrition 2
- Clinical Naturopathic Diagnosis
- Clinical Naturopathic Practice 1
- Bach Flower Therapy
- Herbal Medicine 2
- Counseling and Psychology
- Clinical Naturopathic Practice 2
- Introduction to Chinese Medicine and Acupuncture
- Introduction to Homeopathy
- Health and safety in the workplace
- Practice Management and Marketing
- Ethics and Jurisprudence